So, you’re interested in remodeling your kitchen in Wyomissing. But where should you begin? The most important step is to find a company that can guide you through the process of designing and building your dream kitchen, one with ideas and solutions. Consider D&B Construction Group Construction!
D&B Construction Group is Eastern Pennsylvania’s complete design-build contractor for any custom home, residential new home, and home remodeling project. We are driven by the wants, needs and preferences of our clients and dedicated to their complete satisfaction.
In recognition of our efforts over the years, D&B Construction Group has received a number of awards and recognitions, including awards in the Remodeled Home category for Best Kitchen, Best Bath, and Best of Show at the Home Builders Association of Berks County’s 2016 Parade of Homes.
If you’re looking for an experienced remodeling company in Berks County, PA or elsewhere in Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, North Delaware, or Northeast Maryland, consider these factors that distinguish D&B Construction Group from the competition:
- More than 60 years of combined design and build expertise
- An in-house licensed design specialist
- A reliable team of experts working together to complete your project
- High-quality construction materials
- Transparency and honesty through the budgeting process
- Attention to every detail
- Committed to the highest level of customer service
How to Avoid Remodeling Disasters
The process of choosing a contractor to remodel your home can seem like choosing a mechanic when your car breaks down. Are you getting the best value for your money? How long will it take to complete the work? Is the contractor capable of doing the job well? Here are a few strategies for steering clear of common kitchen remodeling disasters.
- Don’t try to be your own general contractor. Remodeling a kitchen is complicated, time-consuming, and can get expensive. It’s important to seek the valuable input of qualified professionals. Using a qualified remodeling contractor is even a legal requirement in some areas of the country.
- Make a wish list before putting the job out for bid. The clearer you are about what you have in mind for your kitchen, the more accurate the contractor’s bid will be. Make a detailed list of everything you want, from cabinets and countertops to appliances, flooring and lighting. Until you’ve made some decisions on these items, you won’t be able to tell which contractor has given you the best bid.
- Know what works for your lifestyle and budget. Focus on creating a kitchen that works best for you and your family. Would extra counter space make your kitchen more usable? More storage? An island or breakfast bar? If the only thing you ever bake is frozen dinners, you probably don’t need an expensive commercial oven. Appliances can be upgraded later when there’s more money in the budget.
- Don’t cut corners. If you install refaced cabinet doors on poorly built cabinets, you could be asking for problems down the road. If you install beautiful stone or tile countertops on poorly built bases, they may crack. If you plan to have new cabinets installed, ask for a detailed description to be sure each contractor is bidding on the same quality of materials and components.
- Don’t pay 100% in advance. Your initial payment should be a reasonable percentage of the total cost (often determined by state laws). You should also be presented with a schedule of progress payments that coincide with target completion dates for the various phases of the project.
Once you’ve decided on remodeling your kitchen, it’s important to find a contractor in Wyomissing who will address all of your questions and concerns. Get in touch with D&B Construction Group at (610) 927-6494 today. We would love to discuss your plans and show off our work!